American Prospect Issues Special Report on Human Rights and America
Friday, October 01, 2004
- Organization: HRI
The October issue of The American Prospect includes a special report highlighting the disparity between the human-rights goals that America commends to the world and the special exemption it too often asserts for itself. The authors explore the question of how the United States can restore its global standing as a protector and preserver of human rights in the special report "Bringing Human Rights Home: Why Universal Rights Protect America." The report is published in partnership with JEHT Foundation. Contributing authors include Anthony Lewis, John Shattuck, Harold Hongju Koh, Anne-Marie Slaughter, Cass R. Sunstein, Mary Robinson, and Gara LaMarche of Open Society Institute.
Human Rights In the United States (Human Rights Watch)
- After 17 Years, I'm Bringing My Little Sister Home from Prison
- Photographers' Rights At Issue As Arizona Community Rises Up Against "Occupying Army" of Border Patrol Agents
- Why Everyone Should Read This Week's Cosmo. No, Seriously.
- How Racial Bias Corrupts Juries
- NYPD Shutters Muslim Mapping Unit � But What About Other Tactics?
- NYPD Shuts Unit That Mapped Muslim Communities
Amnesty International USA Latest News
- Saudi Arabia jails lawyer and human rights activist in ongoing crackdown on dissent
- Israel: Lift �ludicrous� restrictions on whistleblower Vanunu decade after release
- Libya: Trial of former al-Gaddafi officials by video link a farce
- Viet Nam: Prisoners of conscience released but dozens remain jailed
- Algeria: Pre-election clampdown exposes �gaping holes� in human rights record
- Kenya: Somalis trapped in �catch-22� amid crackdown on refugees