L.A. Times: Cheap Politics and Rich History
Thursday, November 04, 2004
- Organization: L.A. Times
Remember the poll a few years back that found more Americans could name the Three Stooges than the three branches of government? Or the survey, also conducted by the Philadelphia-based National Constitution Center, in which one in four adults couldn't name a single right guaranteed by the 1st Amendment?
OK, it's easy to snicker about the dismal state of history and civics knowledge among ordinary Americans. But let's put a question to some of our elected representatives - like Rep. Tom Feeney (R-Fla.) and his 59 colleagues who co-authored the Reaffirming American Independence Resolution: What is the foundation for United States law?
Human Rights In the United States (Human Rights Watch)
Amnesty International USA Latest News
- United Nations Must Tackle the Looming Human Catastrophe in the Central African Republic
- Northern Ireland: A blanket amnesty would be an utter betrayal of victims
- Bulgaria: �Inhuman conditions� spark protest at refugee camp
- Russia: A year on, Putin�s �foreign agents law� choking freedom
- Cambodia: Global call to release Yorm Bopha ahead of Supreme Court appeal
- With or without EU agreement, Ukraine must eradicate torture