U.S. Groups Submit List of Issues Concerning U.S. Compliance With the ICCPR
Friday, January 13, 2006
- Organization: HRI
On January 9, 2006, a group of 53 organizations and individuals submitted information and suggested questions to the U.N. Human Rights Committee concerning the U.S.'s compliance with its human rights obligations under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. The Human Rights Committee is reviewing the U.S.'s compliance with the treaty in July. Click below for the list of issues and signatories.
Human Rights In the United States (Human Rights Watch)
- "It was being immersed in a diverse college setting that gave me the understanding and tools to fight for social justice."
- Following Texas�s Lead on Location Tracking
- As Legal Fight Over Contraception Reaches Critical Moment, Where Will The Courts Stand?
- What Does $10,000 Buy in Alabama? Less-than-Truthful Testimony Used to Sentence Someone to Death
- Justice Department's Overreaching on Leaks Threatens Freedom of the Press
- Prestigious Law Firms Join Fight for Guestworkers' Rights in Major Human Trafficking Case
Amnesty International USA Latest News
- Protecting the rights of people on the move
- Ten members of Venezuelan family killed as authorities fail to investigate
- Amnesty International app for protecting activists up for technology award
- New Zimbabwe constitution can usher in new culture of human rights
- People on the Move: �For many displaced Syrians, going back home is out of the question�
- Fears for safety of human rights lawyer abducted in Syria