View the current news by topic or the archives by year using the options above.
Human Rights In the United States (Human Rights Watch)
- Federal Court Rules Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Violated U.S. Constitution
- This Week in Civil Liberties (05/24/2013)
- Kanye West, "New Slaves" and a Long Tradition of Locking People Up for Profit
- Standing Up for the Rights of Students to Free Expression
- Immigration Reform: Week Three Is History (And Earlier Than Expected!)
- "Without continuing affirmative action in higher education, I worry that Kabir will not have the same enriching college experience that I enjoyed."
Amnesty International USA Latest News
- Life in the UAE: �We expect anything from the authorities - we are afraid of everything�
- African Union: Reject Kenya�s attempt to shield its leaders from accountability
- Uganda: Activists arrested as disturbing crackdown on media continues
- Malaysia: Release activists arrested in government U-turn on repressive law
- Ukraine: Kyiv authorities in shameful about-face on Pride march
- People on the move: The impact of Syria�s conflict, as felt from afar